At the MGS Resource Centre, we are open Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. The Wednesday opening is manned by the Project Team. Although we have many project volunteers, most work from home and not in the Resource Centre. MGS has a policy that a minimum of two persons be working at the Resource Centre when it is open. Right now we have one person, and are looking for a second person.
You might be thinking, then how can we be open on Wednesday? The MGS Executive comes in on Wednesdays to work in the back office, so the place is not empty, but everyone has tasks and we need someone to greet and help visitors who come through our door. If you think this person should be you, please contact Rick Brown at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Rick is there every Wednesday and will train the volunteer and act as back up. With the Executive and other volunteers dropping in to work on their volunteer tasks, it is a lively group—but we need someone dedicated to working with our Resource Centre visitors.
What would the tasks be?
- Being there from 10 am to 3 pm every Wednesday
- Answering the phone
- Processing membership and book sales
- Welcoming visitors
- Ascertaining the visitor’s needs and directing them where to find what they are looking for
- At MGS, we don’t do the research for them, but direct them to our resources so they can find it themselves
- We assist them with how to access information within the Resource Centre
- You will have training, and Rick (and all the other volunteers) will be there to assist you if you have questions
We have a little lunch room with microwave, Keurig coffee maker, kettle, teas, and more. There are restaurants all around us, and lots of free parking.
Thank you for considering this volunteer position. Give it a trial run and see how you like it.
Please contact Rick Brown at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org