DONATIONS: MGS runs completely by volunteers with no paid staff. All donations received go into the costs of maintaining our rental space, our computer database storage for literally millions of genealogy entries in our Manitoba Name Index (MANI), and additional items for our resource library.
Manitoba Genealogical Society Inc. is a registered charity.
Our Charity Registration No. is 10766 0151 RR0001
MGS Donation Policy
- Donor acknowledgments for all donations made to MGS will be published in our quarterly Generations
- Donations over $75 will be displayed on the Donor Wall at the MGS Resource Centre.
- Donation Receipts for donations $15 and over will be sent out monthly.
- If you want your donation to be anonymous, please email email@example.com.
- Corporate donations will also be acknowledged on the MGS website and listed in our Annual Report.
“We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.”
~ Winston Churchill
See the additional pages on this site for the many ways you can donate both money and time to furthering our goals of preserving Manitoba genealogy data for future generations.
VOLUNTEERS are always needed at the Manitoba Genealogical Society, Inc. (MGS). If you are interested in joining our team and would like to know more about any of the many positions we have, please contact us. We find our area of interest, contribute and learn more as we go and grow our friendships as well. Come join us!