Once again, the Manitoba Genealogical Society, Inc. is sponsoring the Family History Award at the Red River Heritage Fair. We are looking forward to this annual event that MGS has been involved in for decades. This year the Fair take places on May 4th at the University of Winnipeg.
The Red River Heritage Fair encourages students in Grade 4 to Grade 11 to explore Canadian heritage in a dynamic, hands-on learning environment. Students use the medium of their choice to tell stories about Canadian heroes, legends, milestones, and achievements – and present the results of their research at a public exhibition and learning conference. Projects may be presented in English or French.
Participation in the Red River Heritage Fair:
• creates an environment where students are excited to learn and share
• Students are encouraged to use their own expression to prepare and communicate stories about Canadian history, people, places, events and the contributions of Canada.
• Celebrates multiple perspectives and creativity
• Reveals connections between the past and present
• Inspires young Canadians to celebrate their places in history