Caroline Irene (McLEOD) QUEEN (1906-1993)
Born in Winnipeg on 23 February 1906, she was the daughter of Jessie Waldie Conquergood (1869-1947) and Murdock Lauglau McLeod (1860-1918, later Superintendent of the Orpheum Theatre). She lived at 502 Spence Street (1911) and 265 Patrick Street (1921). She attended St. Mary’s Academy and graduated from the Central Normal School, then she taught at Corrall School (1927) and was a teacher (1927-1935) and Principal (1928-1935) at Wentworth School. She also taught in Alberta.
On 28 June 1941, she married John Queen (1910-1960) at St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church in Ottawa, Ontario. They later lived at Spirit River Alberta (1947) and in the United States.
She died at Central Park Lodge on 03 September 1993 and was buried in the Elmwood Cemetery.
- Reprinted with permission from Manitoba Historical Society and updated.
- Birth Registrations, Manitoba Vital Statistics.
Manitoba Genealogical Society has been transcribing cemeteries since the late 1970s. An abundance of information may be found in these transcripts, including the location of the burial site and information regarding burials where the grave marker is no longer visible. If you would like to purchase a transcript of a Manitoba cemetery, please follow our link.