Remembrance Day will soon be upon us and we are inviting you to contribute to our Remembrance.
MGS has created Lest We Forget – Our Family to honour Manitoba family members who fought in military conflicts for Canadian freedom. We welcome your submissions.
- your Manitoba ancestor’s name
- military conflict and years
- brief bio (what Manitoba community they came from, what position(s) they held in the military, where they were stationed, any decorations, awards or citations)
- genealogical identifying information so future generations can identify which family they belong to
- 50 to 75 words is our suggestion, but if you want to go longer you are welcome to!
- a photo of the ancestor you are honouring, preferably a military photo
The Manitoba Genealogical Society’s Honouring Our Ancestors Project started with Manitobans Remembered, where we welcome you to write a one page biography about your Manitoba ancestors which is posted on our website and social media. We are now expanding this project to include Lest We Forget – Our Family to honour those Manitobans who fought for Canadian freedom.
Thank you to MGS volunteer Shaun Hobson for her ongoing work with the Manitobans Remembered series.
Thank you to MGS volunteer Kathryn Blair-Colbert for bringing forward this idea for Remembrance Day.
We welcome your submissions for both projects. Email email@example.com