Old documents are sometimes a challenge. They are difficult to read and understand the handwriting. Here is a chance to get ahead of this challenge.
This will include:
- Learning to read the letters, words and sentences in old documents.
- Early writing materials
- Forms of the alphabet
- Yogh & Thorn
- Recognizing different styles of letters
- Techniques for reading old handwriting
- Simple contractions & abbreviations
- Be flexible with spelling
- By the end of the sessions participants will have the skills to read examples of early handwriting.