We all choose to support organizations for personal reasons. Making use of your individual skills or learning what your strengths are may be your goal. Perhaps you need to increase your knowledge, your interpersonal experience in meeting and working with new people or for some education enhancement for future job opportunities. As a charitable organization our operations are similar to some businesses but have the advantage of developing or adjusting our processes to work for us. As we specialize in genealogy, it may help if you have an interest in history or family history too.
What would you like to do as a Volunteer for MGS?
Here are some of our volunteer categories:
- Administrative: patron assistance, library, maintenance, membership processing, research for members and other people
- Communications: community education/teaching, event displays, event organization, public presentations, journal, editorial team, advertising, publicity, marketing, social media, event organization
- Finance: fundraising initiatives, fundraising projects, grants opportunities, grant writing and applications
- Information Technology: projects coordination, data base entry, technology maintenance
- Supervisory: committee chairman, advisory committees, executive direction
If you are interested in one of these areas or have another suggestion to assist us please submit the volunteer application form (link to Volunteer Application Form) to email@example.com If you prefer mail: Manitoba Genealogical Society, Unit E – 1045 St. James Street, Winnipeg, MB, R3H 1B1, att: Volunteer Recruitment or call 204-783-9139.
If you are new to volunteering check out this information about your Rights and Responsibilities as a Volunteer.