These are members who reside at the same address as an active individual member. Associate members enjoy all the privileges of individual members, excluding the right to receive Generations journal. Associate members have voting privileges at MGS meetings and enjoy the right to hold an elected and/or appointed office in the Society.
- Members have online access to the MGS searchable database – MANI (MAnitoba Name Index).
- Members have online access to the KOHA database – search for indexed material available within the MGS Resource Centre. Borrow books, CDs etcetera.
- Members have unlimited access to the MGS Resource Centre during open hours where you can access all of the resource material, and use the computer workstations to access Ancestry.com, NewspaperArchives.com and the cemetery index.
- Attend seminars, workshops, and, when available, planned excursions (e.g. Salt Lake City).
- Receive assistance with research: a) casual help and b) paid – reduced fees for members.
- Participate in sharing knowledge and expertise – both yours and other members.
- Members may join up to three regional branches; each branch offers specialized knowledge and programs for their regional communities within Manitoba.
- Members meet new friends who share similar interests and maybe family connections!
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and our MGS website for the latest information!
MGS shares reciprocal agreements with the Alberta Genealogical Society, the British Columbia Genealogical Society, the Ontario Genealogical Society and the Saskatchewan Genealogical Society. If you are a member of any of these societies, you may take advantage of a $5.00 discount on your MGS membership fee. To receive the MGS discount, submit your proof of Society membership to MGS in advance.