MGS has a feature article called My Own Story that is published in our Generations journal. In addition, we publish the story in our membership area, but only a paragraph or two are publicly online and the rest is available if a member logs in. What we do is include all the names in your article so that Google can index them and hopefully draw others researching those names to our website, and to your story. We can then connect you with them so the genealogical connections can continue.
When writing a story for publication at MGS, we hope these guidelines will help you. And speaking of guidelines, here are our submission guidelines.
Submissions for printing in Generations by members and others are welcome at any time. We’d love to hear from you!
- Please send your article (up to 2500 words) as a .doc, .docx, .rtf or .txt file, via email to email@example.com.
- Be sure to give appropriate credit when reprinting excerpts and including images.
- Please supply a photo (head shot) of yourself as author.
- Submission deadlines are the 15th of each month.
- Inclusion of your article in Generations is at the discretion of the Editor, in keeping with the journal guidelines set out by MGS policy.
- Actual content will be reviewed by the Generations team and may be edited for clarity and length.