- Are you or your group interested in learning more about Genealogy and the processes involved in achieving your goals?
- Are you interested in having a knowledgeable member of the Manitoba Genealogical Society attend your function or give a presentation to discuss what Genealogy is all about?
- Would your group like to attend a special off-hours presentation at our Library /Resource Centre to learn more about Genealogy Research? See our Our Location and Hours here.
- Please contact Education and Outreach at least four weeks in advance of your event. We try to accommodate as many requests as possible.
Presentations made in 2016
In 2016, MGS members took part in several events:
- The Red River Heritage Fair – students’ family history projects (May 5)
- Manitoba Days at the Manitoba Museum (May 14)
- Selkirk Highland Gathering (July 3)
- A week-long stint at the Scottish Pavilion of Folklorama (August 1 – 6)
- The MGS annual Open House in conjunction with MB Culture Days (October 1)
- The Manitoba Social Science Teachers Association Conference (SAGE) (Oct. 21)
We have also conducted classes of varying lengths for the Winnipeg School Division, Charleswood 55+ Active Living Centre, and City of Winnipeg Public Libraries:
- “Beginning Genealogy” by Bill Curtis at the Louis Riel Library (April 9)
- “Tombstone Tales” by Kathy Stokes at the West End Library (Oct. 27)