Dauphin Branch Executive 2018
- President Virginia Fox
- Past President/MGS Liaison Don White
- Vice President-Heritage Roger Hill
- Treasurer Norine Mason
- Secretary/Advertising Shirle McGimpsey
- Memb. Secretary/Head Phoner Marilyn Strang
- Photographer Grant Rayson
- Obituary Scrapbook/Card File Darlene Rayson
- Obituary Index cards Tammy Zurba
- Phoners Lee Miedl, Gloria Baxter, Wanda Korman
Meetings: Last Thursday of each month (Sept. – May) at the Dauphin Family History Centre, 403 Whitmore Ave. W., Dauphin, MB.
The Dauphin Family History Center
Located in a church building in the city of Dauphin, MB. It serves a large area around Dauphin, including Roblin, Swan River, Ste Rose du Lac, Riding Mountain and many smaller communities in the area. Open: Thursdays 1 – 8 pm. Phone 1-204-638-8103. Email: email@example.com
News and Upcoming Events
A Piece of Manitoba History about to be Restored
One of the oldest cemeteries in Manitoba is calling on members of the McKenzie family to help restore a historical gravesite. Shirle McGimpsey from Dauphin Branch alerted MGS about this news item – her fourth great grandparents are buried in the plot.
Dauphin Heritage Day Fair
The Dauphin Branch is taking a display to the Fair on Saturday/Sunday. February 16th & 17th, 2018.
Recent Branch Activities
- The Annual General Meeting of the Dauphin Branch of M.G.S. was held on Thursday, January 25, 2018 at the Family History Center at 7:00 pm. Committee reports were given, election of officers occurred and activities for the upcoming year were discussed.
- The Dauphin Branch has donated a bench to the Riverside Cemetery in Dauphin (see photo below). It provides a place where people can sit and enjoy the peace of our cemetery and reminisce about their loved ones buried there. Many people have been seen sitting there, reading or just looking around. The donation was reported in the Dauphin Herald and people have contacted the Dauphin Branch about how they could donate a bench for another cemetery.