Who are we?
- President: Don White
- Vice-president: Jerry Zihrul
- Secretary: Gloria Baxter
- Treasurer: Virginia Fox
- Past-president: Shirle McGimpsey
Meetings: Last Thursday of each month (Sept. – May) at the Dauphin Family History Centre, 403 Whitmore Ave. W., Dauphin, MB.
The Dauphin Family History Center
Located in a church building in the city of Dauphin, MB. It serves a large area around Dauphin, including Roblin, Swan River, Ste Rose du Lac, Riding Mountain and many smaller communities in the area. Open: Thursdays 1 – 8 pm. Phone 1-204-638-8103. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
News and Upcoming Events
A Piece of Manitoba History about to be Restored
One of the oldest cemeteries in Manitoba is calling on members of the McKenzie family to help restore a historical gravesite. Shirley McGimpsey from Dauphin Branch alerted MGS about this news item – her fourth great grandparents are buried in the plot.
Recent Branch Activities
- The Annual meeting of the Dauphin Branch of M.G.S. was held on Thursday, January 19, 2017 at the Family History Center at 7:00 pm. Committee reports were given, election of officers occurred and activities for the upcoming year were discussed.
- The Dauphin Regional Comprehensive Secondary School held their graduation on June 25th, 2016 and the Dauphin Branch of M.G.S. presented a scholarship to a deserving student to financially assist him to pursue further education.
- In September 2015, the Dauphin Branch donated a bench to the Riverside Cemetery in Dauphin. It provides a place where people can sit and enjoy the peace of our cemetery and reminisce about their loved ones buried there. Many people have been seen sitting there, reading or just looking around. The donation was reported in the Dauphin Herald and people have contacted the Dauphin Branch about how they could donate a bench for another cemetery.